Routine dental checkups
Scenic Drive Dental offers prescription grade mouth rinses and specialized cleanings for those who need to make up for lost time in the dental chair. Call now to make your appointment at 636-479-5324.
What should I expect at a routine checkup at Scenic Drive Dental?
During a dental exam, your dentist or hygienist will:
- Take X-rays (digital radiography)
- Evaluate your overall oral health
- Assess your risk of tooth and/or root decay
- Evaluate your risk of gum/bone disease (periodontal disease)
- Oral cancer screening
- Check your bite and jaw for any problems
- Remove any plaque deposits on your teeth
- A demonstration of proper cleaning techniques for your teeth or dentures
- Assess the need of fluoride for a child
During your dental exam, your family dentist or hygienist will also ask about any health problems you have or medications you're taking. It is important to tell your dentist about other health problems as certain medical issues affect your oral health. For example, if you have diabetes, you have an increased risk of gum disease. Medications can contribute to dry mouth which can increase your risk of tooth decay.
If you have dentures or bridges, Dr. Schmieder will inspect how well they fit and discuss needed adjustments.